Work at the coolest store in town! This position is retail and customer oriented – your job is to provide an exceptional customer experience to each and every person who walks through the door. You are a "people person" who enjoys engaging and conversing with shop visitors... not just hiding behind the counter at a register. Standard duties include:
- Guiding customers through chair selection and ordering both in the shop and over the phone. What model is the most appropriate for their use? Help them select available colors and embroidery options to make their chair truly special.
- General product sales- assist customers as they purchase everything from clothes to sandals, sunglasses to stand up paddleboards.
- Take reservations for our seasonal stand up paddleboard and kayak rentals, maintain the schedule of what is going out and coming in.
- Assist rental customers with attaching gear to their cars and delivering rental equipment as needed.
- Maintain a clean and organized storefront.
- Facilitate chair production by embroidering chair seats prior to assembly (will train, don't worry... it's easy!)
Occasionally there are other duties such as participating in parades and festivals, assisting in larger SUP tours, going to the beach and taking social media pics, or helping out other areas of the business. A bubbly, outgoing personality; strong work ethic; and classy "beachy" look and vibe to match our brand image would make you a great fit! Weekend availability is a must. Hourly wage is $14 – 15 per hour depending on experience, with annual raises for returning staff. 30- 40 hrs/wk but will consider more part time roles for super candidates. Temporary/Seasonal.
Life's a beach when you're working for the Cape Cod Beach Chair Company! In addition to hourly pay and the street cred that comes with working at one of the coolest businesses on Cape Cod all staff is eligible for:
- A free chair after 30 days
- Use of our rental stand up paddleboards and kayaks
- Generous discounts on other merchandise found in our store
You may find yourself occasionally fishing or whale watching on the Cape Cod Beach Chair boat or enjoying the off-road beaches in our company Jeep or Land Rover Defender. We want you to work hard, play harder, and enjoy the summer while representing the Cape Cod Beach Chair lifestyle. Interested candidates, please complete this application and email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. You may also snail mail it to Cape Cod Beach Chair Co. Attn: Summer Jobs,1150 Queen Anne Rd., Harwich, MA 02645.